is the web consultancy of Tom Davies
I work with teams and companies all over the world to make better digital things, and digital things better.
Whether you're looking to get a new service off the ground, solve the pain-points that are holding your product back, or streamline your processes so that what used to take a week takes 15 minutes, I can help accelerate your digital business.
Skills & services
I currently specialise in CraftCMS and Vue.js development, but over the course of more than 15 years of building for the web I’ve done much more besides.
From discovery to delivery and beyond, I've developed skills across the web stack and from end-to-end of the project process. Here are some of the different areas I can help you with.
I've helped dozens of teams and brands like yours figure out what their users want and how best to delivery it, on-time and on-budget.
- Requirements gathering, project scoping & specification
- Technical architecture
- Stakeholder consultation
- User research and interviews
- User needs analysis
- Content modeling
- Wireframing & UX
- User testing
I bring more than a decade and half's experience of building and managing complex software projects. I'm proficient both in multiple programming languages, and at working across the stack from interface development to business logic and devops. Moreover, I've gained the experience to help you build the right thing, in the right way, first time around.
- Rapid interactive prototyping
- Interface development
- Implementing modular, accessible design systems
- Back-end web application development
- APIs & web services: consuming, publishing & connecting together
- Payment systems & e-commerce
- High availability / implementing fault tolerant architecture
Frequently, my clients have an existing solution that is not performing optimally. Starting afresh is often neither a good idea, nor commercially realistic.
Instead, I work with them to find a path to improving their existing product while still delivering business value day-to-day.
- Metrics-driven Refactoring
- Software quality assessment, benchmarking and instrumentation
- Change management for legacy software systems
Systems & Processes
No matter how talented your team, inadequate tooling or outdated processes can slow your velocity to a crawl.
I help my clients implement modern best practices to accelerate delivery and improve quality.
- Introducing Agile methods of working
- Delivering training in current best-practice
- Implementing automated software testing
- Configuring and optimising CI / CD Pipelines and front end build processes
- Development team support, mentoring & leadership
If you have a project or opportunity that you think we might be a good fit, drop me a line at email@example.com.
I currently have a lead time of around a month to commencement for larger projects (smaller tasks can likely be handled sooner).